EdTalent Job Fair Spring 2020
EdTalent Job Fair Spring 2020
Friday, March 6, 2020
9:30AM – 2:30PM
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
123 Queen St W, Toronto, ON
Focus on hard-to-fills
We target hard-to-fill positions for Teachers, EAs, ECEs, OTs, PTs and SLPs.
Meet 5,500+ candidates
This is Canada’s largest education job fair and the only event you can recruit for all positions you hire for.
Schedule interviews on-site
You can interview candidates that interest you on-site.
- Conseil Scolaire Catholique Monavenir
- Conseil Scolaire Viamonde
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic
- Durham District
- Durham Catholic
- Halton Catholic
- York Catholic
- York Region
- Bruce Grey Catholic
- Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est
- Kawartha Pine Ridge
- Kenora Catholic
- Niagara Catholic
- Ontario North East
- Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic
- Renfrew County Catholic
- Superior Greenstone
- Superior North Catholic
- Thames Valley
- The Northwest Catholic
- Trillium Lakelands
- Upper Grand
- Waterloo Region
- Make a Future – Careers in BC Education
- School District #6 - Rocky Mountain
- School District #23 - Central Okanagan
- School District #28 - Quesnel
- School District #33 - Chilliwack
- School District #34 - Abbotsford
- School District #36 - Surrey
- School District #37 - Delta
- School District #39 - Vancouver
- School District #40 - New Westminster
- School District #41 - Burnaby
- School District #42 - Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows
- School District #45 - West Vancouver
- School District #48 - Sea to Sky
- School District #52 - Prince Rupert
- School District #58 - Nicola-Similkameen
- School District #60 - Peace River North
- School District #81 - Fort Nelson
- School District #82 - Coast Mountains
- Fort Vermilion School Division
- High Prairie School Division
- Northland School Division
- Central Québec School Board
- Cree School Board
- Kativik Ilisarniliriniq
- Western Quebec School Board
- La Commission scolaire de langue française Î.-P.-É.
- Newfoundland and Labrador English School District
- Beaufort-Delta Education Council
- Dehcho Divisional Education Council
- Yellowknife Education District No. 1
- Government of Nunavut, Department of Education
- Amo Ososwan School
- Attawapiskat First Nation Education Authority
- Coast Tsimshian Academy of Lax Kw'alaams
- Fort McKay First Nation
- Grassy Narrows Education Authority
- Hishkoonikun Education Authority
- Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority
- Keewaytinook Okimakanak
- Little Red River Board of Education
- Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre
- Moose Cree Education Authority
- North Caribou Lake First Nation
- Pikangikum Education Authority
- Shibogama Education
- Stein Valley Nlakapamux School
- Temagami First Nation
- Webequie First Nation Education Authority
- Windigo First Nations Council
- Canadian International Schools
- Canadian International School of Beijing
- Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese
- Emirates National School
- Engage Education
- Fort Erie International Academy
- Head Starts in Learning Inc.
- Maple Leaf Educational Systems
- Mulgrave School
- National Catholic Educational Association
- Niagara Christian Collegiate
- NOIC Academy
- OneSchool Global North America
- Ontario Virtual Schools
- Prospero Teaching
- Randstad Education
- Spirit of Math Schools Inc.
- Teach For Canada
EdTalent Job Fair Pricing
- ApplyToEducation Canadian Client: Early Bird $1,499, Regular $1,999
- Canadian Employer: Early Bird $1,999, Regular $2,499
- International School: Early Bird $2,499, Regular $2,999
- International Recruiter and School Networks: Early Bird $3,999, Regular $4,999
Space is limited, so book early to secure a booth!
Each booth includes lunch & refreshments for 2 attendees. Additional attendees are $50/person.
Event Cancellation Policy
All cancellation requests must be received, in writing, by February 21st. You will receive a full refund of fees paid. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows or cancellation requests received after this date.
Hotel Booking: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
The special rate of $239 will be available 3 days before and after the date of the event. Subject to availability.
Call the Reservations Team toll free at 1 888 627 7175 and ask for the ‘Apply to Education Job Fair March 2020’ Group Rate. If you prefer to book online, please visit the link below:
The cut-off date is February 5th, after which date, the Sheraton will continue to accept new requests subject to hotel availability and prevailing rates.
Candidate statistics from the Fall 2019 EdTalent Job Fair
EdRecruit Pre-Job Fair Workshop
Thursday, March 5, 2020
Become A Top Employer in Education
In advance of EdTalent we will be offering a highly interactive workshop to take your recruiting to the next level.
Introducing EdRecruit: Best Practices for Engaging and Recruiting New Grads in Education, and all other non teaching positions.
EdRecruit is designed to improve the success of anyone involved in the hiring of teachers and non teaching positions within the k-12 school system. Learn best practices from other organizations, discover new approaches, and engage with a leading expert in campus recruiting.
Workshop facilitated by Industry expert and award-winning speaker, Graham Donald, President of Brainstorm Consulting.
Founder & President
Brainstorm Strategy Group Inc.
Graham Donald is one of North America’s leading experts on attracting, recruiting, and engaging students and graduates.
He founded Brainstorm Strategy Group in 2003 where he supports major employers and post-secondary institutions’ success through research, training, and strategic consulting. His clients include KPMG, PwC, TD Bank, University of Toronto, Deloitte, GE, McGill University, HSBC, UBC, Rutgers University, Kraft, and many others.
He chairs several conferences annually including Future Workforce, the Campus Recruiting Forums in cities across Canada and the USA, the Canadian Career Development Summit, and the Strategic Enrolment Marketing & Management Forum.
He is also the lead researcher for the annual Brainstorm Student Career Interests Report which provides insights into the career preferences and intentions of university and college students across Canada. Over the past 15 years he has engaged more than 200,000 students in this research.
He is currently focused full-time on training and advising leaders in career development and student recruiting through Brainstorm Strategy Group. He received both his BA and MBA from the University of Toronto
9:30 – 10:00 Registration and Light Breakfast
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome & Introductions
10:15 – 11:15 Understanding Gen Z and Today’s Education Students
- Gain a deeper understanding of Gen Z and the characteristics that drive their career decision-making.
- Who are the next generation of teachers? How do they differ from Millennials?
- What are their career goals?
- How will they choose their next opportunity?
- What do student’s value in a prospective employer?
11:15 – 11:30 Networking Break
11:30 – 12:30 Leveraging Employer Branding & Your Employer Value Proposition
- Take a deeper look at what your organization has to offer from an employer brand standpoint.
- What is an employer brand and how does it affect recruitment?
- What is the Employer Value Proposition (EVP) that your board offers prospective hires?
- How can a school board connect and convey its offers to persuade the right candidates to accept?
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
1:30 – 2:45 Developing Key Messages & Engaging Stories
- Work on developing more effective messaging to create interest among prospective teachers and non teaching candidates.
- The focus will be on both first impression – how to initiate a connection – as well as on creating deeper interest and even engagement through impactful stories that will connect with candidates.
2:45 – 3:00 Networking & Refreshment Break
3:00 – 4:15 10 Strategies for Engaging Job Candidates in the 2020s
4:15 – 4:30 Discussion of Next Steps & Closing Remarks
4:30 – 5:30 Networking Reception with Yummy Snacks & Beverages
Location: ApplyToEducation Headquarters, 245 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 430
Early Bird pricing ends February 5th, 2020
- Single person – $595
- 2 to 4 people – $495 per person
- 5 to 10 people – $395 per person
- Single person – $695
- 2 to 4 people – $595 per person
- 5 to 10 people – $495 per person